Friday, October 22, 2010

Breaking News!!

This just in...I got an internship!!! Not just any old internship, but pretty much my dream internship. It is the only one I applied for actually. I had back-ups just in case, but I had my interview today and she gave it to me on the spot!

It is a personal training clinic/exclusive gym called Alpine Fitness. I L-O-V-E love it. It is a small facility, so you can get to know that people that have memberships there, it is modern equipment (because I really don't love equipment that wobbles while running on it and squeaks every time you turn the pedals), there is a physical therapy clinic there so I will get to learn some techniques down that ally, there is an onsite nutritionist which is wonderful, an onsite massage therapist...also wonderful, and I think my favorite part is that they have a bod pod. Yes, one of those egg-like looking things that measures body fat percentages more accurately than anything except a DEXA. She didn't say anything about it and I didn't see it today, but it wouldn't really be out in the open. But on their website it says they use one, so I am super excited to use it. Holy smokes. It's nerdy, I know, not many people get so excited over a machine that measures body fat, but I think they are so great!

The only downside is that I have to be there by six in the morning three days a week, but I can do that. I just need to keep telling myself that. I knew when I chose this career that early mornings would be a must because that is when people like to exercise, so I knew it was coming. I think it will be a lot easier waking up early knowing that there is a client depending on me to be there to help them. It is a lot more motivating than getting up early to go to class, that's for sure. So yes, it will be great. I start as soon as I'm done with finals so that I can get a feel for it before the new year hits with everybody's resolutions to get more fit.

Bod Pod

The website isn't the greatest, but this is it. www.alpinefitness.com

3 comments:

Katie said...

so excited for you!!! i want to do that bod pod thing... but then maybe i don't really want to know what it would tell me... :s

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

CONGRATS! That's so exciting! When do you start?

Tegan said...

Whooooooooot!!!!! I'm so excited for you! That's fantastic! Haha, glad I'm not your roommate anymore, I would not like to run into you at six in the morning. ;)