Saturday, May 16, 2009

Epic Battle #3: Bus Boy

I am now the proud owner of a UTA bus pass. Some view it as oober lame...I'm trying to view it as going green, with the environment and my bank account. So I spend about a minimum of an hour on the bus a day between jobs. Most the time I have my earbuds in (even though only one works) and if I feel like talking to people then I'll take them out and make conversation. Today was one of those days. There were a few people in the back and I was in the front because it takes more coordination than I've got to walk to the back, on a moving bus, in 4 inch stilettos. We picked up a 40 year old door to door salesman and a dressed up cell phone sales man about age 23 at the wilk. We then proceeded and picked up another guy, about 23 as well. We all started talking and they asked me what I was all dressed up for. (Because I was in pinstripes and a nice blouse). I told them I was just riding into work. When they asked where I worked I told them, thinking nothing of it because it would be obvious when I got off at that stop. So we kept talking and then I was the first one to get off. I went into work and got on with my day not thinking about them because I've yet to see the same person twice on that bus. Well...at about 1:00, James came over and said I had a call on 502. Weird. Nobody calls me at work. So I picked it up and the voice said "hey Frizz, this is sam, we met on the bus this morning. I was wondering if you wanted to go bowling tonight?" WHAT!!!??!?! Who does that?? I told him no because I worked til 4:30 and then I was heading home for Trav's recital. Both Legit excuses. I found it to be slightly flattering, but mostly just stalker-ish and a bit creepy to call my work and ask for me after only talking for 5 minutes. Less than that actually because I didn't talk much. He left his number with me to call or text him. Now I just have to decide what to do. Any thoughts are more than welcome.

5 comments:

Marsh Mayhem said...

Weird guy!! But then, my friend is happily married to a guy she met on the shuttle ... so it could work. If you DO decide to call bus-kid, meet him somewhere neutral. Or sic a buddy on him first!

::Kayla:: said...

Dang! You never know until you try right?

angela said...

oh hey i think this has happened to me...this is why you don't say hi to boys. they think it means you want to date them. dumb.

Katie said...

i already know your plan, and i think it is good. let me know how it goes...

LindsayK said...

um.... creepy. I say don't talk to him. :)